Vehicle To Person Alert
Vehicles moving bulky loads feature prominently in workplace accidents. They have a far greater risk of collision because the driver’s vision can be limited due to carrying large loads, driving around blind corners or even just carrying out specific manoeuvres.
The risk of accidental collision is significantly increased when vehicles work in close proximity to pedestrians. For example, a potentially fatal crushing hazard can occur when a pedestrian worker goes undetected by a forklift operator with limited vision.
The ZoneSafe Vehicle to Person Alert is a proximity warning detection system specifically designed to help prevent accidental collisions between industrial vehicles and pedestrian workers. Offering a flexible solution, the Vehicle to Person Alert system fits to all vehicle types from materials handling equipment to plant.
The system immediately provides a warning when a pedestrian wearing a tag enters the detection zone around the vehicle, emitting an audible visual alert from the in-cab control unit. The operator is instantly warned of a pedestrian’s presence and can take appropriate safety precautions. When the tag is no longer detected in the exclusion area the alarm will stop.
How Does It Work?
- In this example, the forklift truck has been fitted with a ZoneSafe unit and the pedestrian is wearing a ZoneSafe tag.
- The ZoneSafe unit creates a 360 degree detection zone around the vehicle.
- When a pedestrian (wearing a ZoneSafe tag) enters the detection zone, an audible visual alarm is set off inside the vehicle cab to alert the driver.
- Once the person leaves the detection zone, the alarm will stop.
- In this example, the digger has been fitted with two ZoneSafe units (to the vehicle and to the digger arm) and the pedestrian is wearing a ZoneSafe tag.
- The ZoneSafe unit creates a 360 degree detection zone around the vehicle and digger arm.
- When the pedestrian wearing the ZoneSafe tag enters the detection zone, an audible visual alarm is set off inside the vehicle cab to alert the driver.
- Once the person leaves the safety detection zone, the alarm will stop.
- Logistics Manager – DS Smith Packaging – Featherstone
The safety of our employees is paramount in our business and DSSP are always looking for initiatives and innovations that can help us provide as safe a working environment as possible. ZoneSafe provides a simple but significant addition to the fleet of trucks here at Featherstone combining ease of use with reliability.We are using this in areas where pedestrians and moving machinery have to work together and it has clearly improved the awareness and confidence of both truck operators and pedestrians. I consider this to be a major addition to our effective health and safety management systems.
- Chief Operating Officer – APM Terminals – Callao
We consider this a valuable and reliable tool which will significantly increase safety in our daily operations and aid us in our effort to transform APM Terminals Callao into a very safe place where everyone enjoys working while being safe doing so.
- National Manager For Oil & Gas - Qube Energy - Australia
We've been using Zonesafe for nearly 4 years now (fitted on 10 forklifts) and the system has contributed to us having no LTI's or MTI's across two very busy sites. I highly recommend this technology.
- Thamesdown Recycling, Swindon
“The safety of our staff and visitors on our site is our highest priority and we are always looking at ways in which we can increase their safety in this environment. The ZoneSafe system has helped us achieve this by eliminating major risk factors on our site which could involve machinery and pedestrians.”
“We have a strong commitment to worker safety with robust safety systems in place to ensure that wherever possible, pedestrians and plant are kept strictly separate. We are very impressed with ZoneSafe and confident the system is an effective way to ensure pedestrian safety in our facilities.”