Walkway Alert Pedestrian Warning System
Collisions can occur along walkways when pedestrians are unable to see traffic around corners, aisles or through doors. Blind spots are particularly dangerous.
The Walkway Alert System has been specifically designed to help prevent accidental collisions between site vehicles, plant workers and equipment operators.
By warning pedestrians using the walkway of approaching vehicles, accidental collision is minimised by improving the pedestrian’s awareness of their surroundings.
The Walkway Alert system works in any worksite, warehouse, manufacturing or production environment where vehicles and pedestrians work in close proximity to each other.
The collision warning system can be used in conjunction with other ZoneSafe Proximity Warning & Alert applications.
How Does Walkway Alert Work?
Walkway Alert – Approaching Vehicle Warning
- On this system the forklift has been fitted with a ZoneSafe tag and the walkway has been fitted with multiple ZoneSafe Units.
- Each unit creates its own 360° detection zone detecting the forklift at different stages along the walkway.
- When the vehicle enters each detection zone, an audible visual alarm is set off at corresponding stages along the walkway indicating the location of the approaching vehicle.
- Once the vehicle leaves the final detection zone, the alarm will stop.
Walkway Alert – Shutter and Roller Door Access Alert
- This system shows a walkway alert set up to alarm when an approaching vehicle is about to drive through an open roller shutter door.
- The forklift has been fitted with a ZoneSafe tag and a ZoneSafe unit has been fitted next to the roller shutter door creating a 360° detection zone around the open door.
- Once the vehicle enters the detection zone, the tag signals an audible visual alarm set at each end of the walkway and in front of the open roller shutter door warning the pedestrians of an approaching vehicle.
- Logistics Manager – DS Smith Packaging – Featherstone
The safety of our employees is paramount in our business and DSSP are always looking for initiatives and innovations that can help us provide as safe a working environment as possible. ZoneSafe provides a simple but significant addition to the fleet of trucks here at Featherstone combining ease of use with reliability.We are using this in areas where pedestrians and moving machinery have to work together and it has clearly improved the awareness and confidence of both truck operators and pedestrians. I consider this to be a major addition to our effective health and safety management systems.
- Chief Operating Officer – APM Terminals – Callao
We consider this a valuable and reliable tool which will significantly increase safety in our daily operations and aid us in our effort to transform APM Terminals Callao into a very safe place where everyone enjoys working while being safe doing so.
- National Manager For Oil & Gas - Qube Energy - Australia
We've been using Zonesafe for nearly 4 years now (fitted on 10 forklifts) and the system has contributed to us having no LTI's or MTI's across two very busy sites. I highly recommend this technology.
- Thamesdown Recycling, Swindon
“The safety of our staff and visitors on our site is our highest priority and we are always looking at ways in which we can increase their safety in this environment. The ZoneSafe system has helped us achieve this by eliminating major risk factors on our site which could involve machinery and pedestrians.”
“We have a strong commitment to worker safety with robust safety systems in place to ensure that wherever possible, pedestrians and plant are kept strictly separate. We are very impressed with ZoneSafe and confident the system is an effective way to ensure pedestrian safety in our facilities.”